Bespoke Mechanical Design
CEEQ Design can help with your mechanical design needs.
Our experienced Chartered Engineers will guide you through your requirements and help you make the right decision and ensure the design is sounds and it is designed for manufacture.
We are flexible depending on the design requirements:
- For one off prototype or small batches production, the design engineer takes this into consideration to optimised the design and production cost.
- For mass production, design can be optimised to ensure the unit cost is optimum.
- For prototypes, the prove of concept is verified in stages to ensure reduced cost.
Our multi-disciplinary engineers are ideal for mechatronics engineering.
Below are a few examples of what we can help with:
- Instruments enclosure designs
- 3D printed supports, design files
- 2D technical drawing for manufacture
- Laser cut and folded panels
- Bespoke testing jig
- Automated test jig
- Automation and robotics
- Mechatronic development
- Subsea rated housing / frames / ROV interface design
- Sealing technique and IP rating
- Mounting frames and supports
We can provide 2D technical drawings and 3D files for easy manufacturing.
We can liaise with your manufacturer or use one of our trusted subcontractor.
For our 3D design, we usually use FreeCAD. For 2D design and technical drawing, we usually use AutoCAD.
FreeCAD is a parametric 3D modeler made primarily to design real-life objects of any size. Parametric modeling allows modifying designs by going back into the model history and changing its parameters. FreeCAD is customizable and scriptable making it flexible and useful for us, it also allowing animation and FEM analysis. Combined with ParaView with can also do fluid analysis; Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
If detailed stress analysis or fluid analysis is required, we work with subcontractor that uses Ansys software, we liaise with our subcontractor to ensure the correct assumption are made to have a meaningful simulation and provide inside on the result of the simulation and course of action.
Our engineers will look at the environmental consideration and functional requirement to create a mechanical design fit for purpose. We do not want to reinvent the wheel for the sake of it, but we use out of the box thinking when needed and come up with innovative solutions.
Example of Mechanical Design that our engineers have experience in
- Instrument enclosures
- Subsea Clamp design
- ROV interfaces
- Subsea float design
- Subsea housings
- 3D printed design
- Laser cutting assembly
- Water jet cutting gasket
- Internal mounting frame
- Cable management frame
- Various support frame
- Precision engineering drawings
- Various sealing technique
- Magnetic mounting
- Corrosion compatibility material selection management
- Sacrificial anode design